General terms and conditions for RD Heat
Within these terms and conditions RD Heat is the trading name of registered company Ross Davies Heating (10960056).
RD Heat will be referred to as the company and the person ordering the product, the customer.
1. Whilst all reasonable care will be taken during the execution of the works, no
responsibility can be accepted for any faults or failures that may occur to existing
pipework, fittings, equipment, etc. due to disturbance caused by the proposed works.
2. The attached estimate is based on a non-intrusive survey of the property and, as
such, it is assumed that any existing systems that we connect to are in good
condition and in working order. Should we find, during the course of the works, any
faults with the existing systems (plumbing, heating or electrical) we reserve the right
to make a charge for correcting same. Should the client fail to mention any relevant
facts relating to the existing installation we reserve the right to make a charge for
3. Dismantling, clearing and re-instatement of any fitted cupboards, etc. to permit the
proposed works to proceed will be charged at extra cost unless specified.
4. If whilst carrying out works, faults with items not supplied by RD Heat are found,
the charge for works will remain and liability for items not supplied by RD Heat will
not be accepted.
5. If, during the execution of the proposed works it is necessary to gain access into
floors below fitted carpets, these will be lifted by us and laid back on completion. No
re-stretching or fixing has been allowed for unless specified. For floors covered with
thermoplastic tiles, vinyl sheet covering, cork tiles or laminate flooring, no allowance
has been made for reinstatement unless specified.
6. During the execution of the proposed works, it may be necessary to isolate
various water, gas & electrical services. This will be advised in good time and the
period of isolation will be as short as possible.
7. Whilst all holes formed during the execution of the proposed works will be made
good on completion, no allowance has been made for re-instatement of decorations.
We do not guarantee to match existing brickwork where boiler flue terminals have
8. No allowance has been made for casing in of pipework or painting/decorating of
the new works.
9. Allowances to ensure a kitchen cupboard sits flush where a boiler is being
replaced within a kitchen cupboard have not been made. Costs for a kitchen fitter to
rectify this are not at the expense of RD Heat though every effort will be made to find
the most suitable fit prior to installation this is not always possible.
10. It has been assumed that unrestricted access to all relevant parts of the property
will be afforded to us during the course of the works. Any delays caused by restricted
access not notified at the time of survey may be subject to an extra charge and/or
delay in completion.
11. Where other trades are involved in the works and these trades are not under our
control any delays that may be caused to our progress by these trades may be
subject to an extra charge for any revisits and/or delay in completion.
12. Unless specified the works will be carried out in one continuous visit. Extra visits
at the request of the Client or caused by circumstances beyond our control will be
subject to a surcharge and may affect the completion date.
13. Ownership of any materials supplied, whether fixed or unfixed, shall not pass to
the Client until payment in full has been received for said materials. We reserve the
right to take whatever legal action may be necessary to secure payment for the
works carried out and materials supplied either fixed or unfixed.
14. All dates or times given for the start of or duration of the works are given in good
faith based on the information gained during the survey and our current workload
commitments. These times may be varied, however, due to unforeseen
circumstances i.e. emergency callouts, breakdowns, etc. or to circumstances beyond
our control. No liability will be accepted if it is not possible to meet client’s
15. Where Smart heating controls are installed it is the responsibility of the client to
pair these controls with any device necessary.
16. The works described in the estimate will be guaranteed for a period of twelve
months from date of completion against faulty design and workmanship. The
materials supplied will be subject to the supplier/manufacturers guarantees. The
Client’s Statutory Right in law are not affected by this guarantee. This guarantee
does not extend to existing, installed equipment, pipework or fittings. This twelve
month warranty period is invalidated if it is known the client or any other third party
has tampered with or completed additional works themselves.
17. Whilst certain items may be specified by name or model, we reserve the option
to supply goods of a different manufacture providing they shall be suitable for the
18. Any items or materials supplied by the Client or others for our fixing will be
unpacked and inspected in the presence of the Client. Any faults found will be
pointed out to the Client whose responsibility it will be to obtain replacement items.
Any delays caused by faulty or damaged items may be chargeable, may result in us
withdrawing from site and may affect the completion date of the works.
19. Any additional works that the Client requires to be carried out whilst the specified
works are being executed will be charged at extra cost. An indication of such cost
will be given and the Client’s agreement to same will be obtained before the
additional works proceed.
20. Quotations provided by RD Heat are itemised and as such are the works which
have been costed for. Any items not listed have not been costed, therefore any
additional works outside of the quote will be chargeable.
21. This estimate is open for acceptance for a period of 14 days providing the works
can be commenced within 60 days both periods from the date of estimate and
thereafter may be subject to revision or withdrawal
22. Terms of payment are given on the estimate for the works and it is a condition of
acceptance that these be adhered to. We reserve the right to charge interest at the
rate of 8% above B of E current base rate per month on overdue accounts.
23. The price specified in this estimate does not include for the removal of any
dangerous waste materials such as asbestos found when carrying out the works.
This will be subject to an extra charge by the relevant Specialist Company.
24. Acceptance of the Estimate confirms acceptance of these conditions.
25. Prior to commencement of work involving gas appliances, the existing gas supply
will be subject to a soundness test to check for compliance with Gas Safety
Regulations. Any faults found will be advised to the Client and any rectification works
required may be subject to additional charges.
26. Should the works include a power flush of the existing heating system, it must be
pointed out that, whilst this treatment is generally harmless, depending on the
condition of the existing components the process may find weaknesses in the
system. Should any such problems be encountered then any rectification works
required may be charged at extra cost. Acceptance of a quote is acceptance of this
27. Should the works include a new combination heating boiler unit connected to an
existing heating system, the Client should be aware that the higher pressures used
by this type of boiler may find weaknesses in the existing system. Any repairs
required in this respect are not included in this estimate.
28. It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that all children and pets are kept
away from the areas in which we are working.
29. If the proposed works are being carried out in a leasehold property it is the sole
responsibility of the Client to ensure that all necessary permissions have been
obtained in writing from the landlords/managing agents. We accept no responsibility
whatever for any works carried out without the necessary permissions. We can
furnish details of the proposed works if so required at possible additional cost.
30. Where finance is required, please note RD Heat is not a Lender or a Credit Broker as
such is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. A budget/term link can be found on our website and where further information is required an introduction will be made to Phoenix Financial who are regulated and authorised to discuss finance options. The works quoted for and to be carried out are not influenced in any way by the payment method selected.